Many thanks to all of you who have committed to supporting Choices Counselling Service through prayer. We are very grateful. If you have received this you must have responded to our e-mail earlier in the year requesting your permission to keep sending this newsletter. (If you haven’t given us permission but have received this accidentally or from a friend, please let us know asap whether you would like to keep hearing from Choices or not. Our e-mail address is below).
It’s been a year since we sent out the last newsletter. Since then much has happened. In particular, we are grateful to God for the following.
- Most of the hard work of changing the name of the charity to Choices Counselling, Buxton, has been done; bank accounts, inland revenue, companies house, website, leaflets, email addresses and policies galore have all been successfully updated.
- We have a clear vision – to see a world where no pain from pregnancy or parenting lies buried, but all are heard.
- We have a clear mission—to provide excellent counselling to address emotional needs in pregnancy, early parenting, pregnancy loss and unplanned pregnancy.
Those who have managed change in other situations will be aware how difficult all this can be, but God has faithfully helped us. These few bullet points above summarise hours of prayer, listening, deliberation and administration. Praise God that through these processes both trustees and counsellors have grown closer to God and each other. We’ve also found that this refocusing—agreeing clear vision and mission statements—has been very helpful in knowing what we are about and being able to communicate that to others. Please do share that vision with others who may also wish to support Choices in prayer and/or financially.
Ali Mackenzie started work in January 2018 as our new administrator, and her help is very much appreciated. She has been a great support and has started to train as a counsellor herself. Much of the change we have been through would not have been possible without her efficient work. Praise God for her provision and for those who give so generously that we can employ her.
Going forward we would value your prayers on the following:
- With our finances now on a firmer footing, we need wisdom as to how we can grow the service through
- Recruiting more Christian counsellors
- Investing in the training of current counsellors
- As a Christian counselling service, we need wisdom as to whether some of that training should include marrying the insights of secular counselling with biblical wisdom.
- Pregnancy Centres Network Conference—this is taking place in Swanwick, in January. This is a great opportunity for our counsellors to meet up with like-minded people from other churches, to network and be encouraged.Thanks again for all your support from all of us at Choices Counselling, Buxton
www.choices-counselling.org.uk. | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org